So the last time I showed you guys our master bedroom, it was August of last year. I wouldn’t say there have been a ton of changes since then, but as we’ve been preparing to sell our house, I thought I’d snap some pictures to share one last bedroom tour with you!
Here is where the room started in February of 2013, and shortly thereafter once I had started scraping off the popcorn ceilings throughout the house:
And from a very similar angle, here is how it looks now:
(Shhh… Just ignore those vertical blinds still hanging there. They’re so dang useful and I never did get around to budgeting for all the blackout curtains we would have needed in this room!)
So please, come on in and have a little look around!
Blush Pink Master Bedroom Tour
*Today’s post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, I may receive a small commission. You can read my full disclosure here. I hope you all know by now that I do only share things I really truly love!
- Wall Color: Clark+Kensington “Sprinkled Sugar”
- DIY Metal Flower Wall Hanging
- DIY Accordion Swing-Arm Sconces
- Ceiling fan: Hampton Bay Devereaux II
- Brass canopy bed: Vintage Pace, via Craigslist
- Duvet cover + shams: Crane & Canopy, The Linden Black Border duvet
- Rug: Thrift Store, similar here
- Burl (Laminate) Cabinets: Thrift Store, “marble” tops added using this amazing contact paper
- Leopard pillows: fabric is Braemore Jamil Natural
- Floral pillow: fabric is Hamilton Peaches in Charcoal
- Red sunset painting: done by me as a gift for Bryan! It’s inspired by The Little Prince.
- Eyeball art: Mayhem Supply Co. I won this in a giveaway from my sweet friend Emily of Go Haus Go – her husband is the talented artist behind this piece!
- White lacquer + brass dresser: Craigslist
- Vintage Don Freedman wall hanging: Thrifted
- Ginger jar lamp: Thrifted
- Mirror: Basset Mayan, Thrifted
- Metal Chinese Chippendale Chair: Craigslist
- Grecian goddess bust: Thrifted
- Burl clock: Thrifted
- Chinoiserie peacock vase: Thrifted
And there you have it! Our eclectic blush pink master bedroom with all sorts of fun finds and DIY projects.
You guys, I’m so going to miss this room! I love the high, vaulted ceiling and all the light that pours in and the way it just glows from the pale pink paint. I know I’ll have so much fun trying something new in a new place, but I almost wish I just recreate this space entirely!
Some things didn’t get done, like wall-mounting the nigh stand cabinets (once we had an inkling we might be moving, it just didn’t seem worth putting the holes in the walls) and replacing the vertical blinds with curtains…
But after three years and two paint jobs, I ended up with a gathered space that’s just perfect for curling up in bed with my kitties and my Netflix shows or a good book (I’ll continue to recommend Terry Pratchett to anyone who will listen)!
Pins are always met with much rejoicing!