So the last time I showed you guys our master bedroom, it was August of last year. I wouldn’t say there have been a ton of changes since then, but as we’ve been preparing to sell our house, I thought I’d snap some pictures to share one last bedroom tour with you!
Here is where the room started in February of 2013, and shortly thereafter once I had started scraping off the popcorn ceilings throughout the house:
And from a very similar angle, here is how it looks now:
(Shhh… Just ignore those vertical blinds still hanging there. They’re so dang useful and I never did get around to budgeting for all the blackout curtains we would have needed in this room!)
I ended up painting our bedroom twice in the last three years. I started off with a great grey color, but last spring I found myself craving a change and repainted the walls a beautiful blush pink.
So please, come on in and have a little look around!
Blush Pink Master Bedroom Tour
*Today’s post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, I may receive a small commission. You can read my full disclosure here. I hope you all know by now that I do only share things I really truly love!
- Wall Color: Clark+Kensington “Sprinkled Sugar”
- DIY Metal Flower Wall Hanging
- DIY Accordion Swing-Arm Sconces
- Ceiling fan: Hampton Bay Devereaux II
- Brass canopy bed: Vintage Pace, via Craigslist
- Duvet cover + shams: Crane & Canopy, The Linden Black Border duvet
- Rug: Thrift Store, similar here
- Burl (Laminate) Cabinets: Thrift Store, “marble” tops added using this amazing contact paper
- Leopard pillows: fabric is Braemore Jamil Natural
- Floral pillow: fabric is Hamilton Peaches in Charcoal
- Red sunset painting: done by me as a gift for Bryan! It’s inspired by The Little Prince.
- Eyeball art: Mayhem Supply Co. I won this in a giveaway from my sweet friend Emily of Go Haus Go – her husband is the talented artist behind this piece!
- White lacquer + brass dresser: Craigslist
- Vintage Don Freedman wall hanging: Thrifted
- Ginger jar lamp: Thrifted
- Mirror: Basset Mayan, Thrifted
- Metal Chinese Chippendale Chair: Craigslist
- Grecian goddess bust: Thrifted
- Burl clock: Thrifted
- Chinoiserie peacock vase: Thrifted
And there you have it! Our eclectic blush pink master bedroom with all sorts of fun finds and DIY projects.
You guys, I’m so going to miss this room! I love the high, vaulted ceiling and all the light that pours in and the way it just glows from the pale pink paint. I know I’ll have so much fun trying something new in a new place, but I almost wish I just recreate this space entirely!
Some things didn’t get done, like wall-mounting the nigh stand cabinets (once we had an inkling we might be moving, it just didn’t seem worth putting the holes in the walls) and replacing the vertical blinds with curtains…
But after three years and two paint jobs, I ended up with a gathered space that’s just perfect for curling up in bed with my kitties and my Netflix shows or a good book (I’ll continue to recommend Terry Pratchett to anyone who will listen)!
Pins are always met with much rejoicing!
Brynne, I just love it! Obviously the bed is amazing, but also looove those nightstands and the wall color and a million other things. I know it will be sad to leave but I can’t wait to see what you come up with in your new home!
Thank you so much sweet lady! Yes, I will totally miss this space, but I’m so ready to get this next chapter started!
cassie @ primitive & proper says
brynne, i love this space so much! it’s so glam and eclectic and awesome and unique! the bed tho…
I have GOT to figure out how to make this bed work with potentially low ceilings and the necessity of a ceiling fan (thank you, Texas)… It’s non-negotiable! 😀 Thank you sweet friend! <3
Oh wow I am crushin’ on that bed. It’s so gorgeous and what a great find!
Thank you so much, Kari! That bed is seriously one of my very very favorite finds of all time!
Stephanie @ Casa Watkins says
Pink done right!!!!! Love your bedroom Brynne! Great inspiration since my parent’s have a pink room that was my little sister’s while she lived there. Now I see the potential for a guestroom without needing to paint!
Thank you sweet Stephanie! Oh yes, there’s tons of potential fun with pink walls – I’d still love to incorporate them in some way in our next place!
I love it so so much! And a cat on the bed is always the perfect finishing touch 😉
Right? Gotta love those kitty photo bombs! I never have the heart to make them move. 😀
Thank you sweet Julia!
Maggie @Maggie Overby Studios says
That bed is absolutely amazing, love it more every time I see it. You’ll have to be sure you have a Master big enough to accommodate it in the new house.
Thank you so much, Maggie! Yes – that could be a bit of a challenge, but I’m going to do my darnedest to figure it all out! That bed is non-negotiable! 😀