I have a treat for you guys today! I mean, I really think you’ll enjoy this.
If you’re anything like me, you might have a bit of a hard time Christmas or birthday shopping for your man.
It’s all awesome and romantic when you come up with that one perfect, personality-fitting, warm-and-fuzzy gift, but sometimes you’re left sitting there wondering… So, what about a tie?
So this Christmas, Bryan (the boy behind the blog) and I put together three slightly-themed collections of things he owns/loves/wants.
My hope is not necessarily that you will look at our list and then rush out and buy all the same things (but hey – if your guy is a fan of Zelda, artisanal cocktails, and fluffy slippers – shop away by all means!) but that hopefully these collections will be jumping off points for you to brainstorm creative gifts based on the interests and hobbies of your own bbf (best boy friend).
*Today’s post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, I may receive a small commission. You can read my full disclosure here. I hope you all know by now that I do only share things I really truly love!
Let’s lead with something classy…
1. Gold + Glass Cocktail Shaker (Similar). Because barware should look good.
2. Gold + Glass Old Fashioned Glasses (Similar). We own the pictured glasses and people always ask where they’re from. Glass + gold is one of my favorite combinations!
3. Laphroaig 10. Bryan insisted I include this bottle of scotch, because it is his favorite. So now you have his official recommendation.
4. Whiskey Stones. This is such a classic guy gift, isn’t it? But they really get a kick out of them. Obviously, pair with the bottle of leapfrog Laphroaig.
5. Vintage Cocktails. I love this book. Bryan loves this book. We seldom agree so perfectly on any subject. The photographs are breathtaking, and the cocktail recipes are great!
6. Beer Making Kit. Fun for the whole family! It sounds corny, but it really is a great couple activity… And beer making involves some of the most divine scents known to mankind. I call dibs on the scented candle line.
And now it gets nerdy…
I’m not sure what the odds are that your guy might also be a Zelda-Borderlands-Fight Club fanatic (if so, I think Bryan has a new bff) but even if not, I’m betting you could find similar memorabilia or accessories relating to his hobby! Also, I can’t pretend that this is just nerdy-husband-stuff. I’m a fan-girl as well. Of all of these things. So, I’m not trying to stereotype here: girls can be nerds too.
1. Fight Club Movie Poster & 2. Fight Club Alternative Poster. Bryan introduced me to Fight Club. You might be surprised, but I am a huge fan as well. Edward Norton is Bryan’s celebrity doppelganger. And I have a huge crush on young-Brad-Pitt (no worries, Bryan… until they invent time travel!) I foresee these cool and artsy posters I found on Etsy ending up on the walls in our office.
P.S. Etsy has all sorts of awesome art devoted to almost any theme/book/movie/game imaginable. I’ll bet you could find a great piece relating to your man’s hobbies that you’ll both love! (Bonus: you can avert fan posters thumb-tacked onto the wall!)
3. Borderlands 2. What is more fun than killing bizarre creatures with crazy, colorful, fantastical guns? Nothing. We love it. We had some crazy good times over the summer running around and shooting and blowing things up together. Not only that, but this is one good game. Eminently quotable. Endearing characters. It’s just good. At this point, I’m not sure who’s the bigger fan here: me or Bryan.
4. Legend of Zelda iPhone Case. Make that IFORCE case… I love it! Bryan might totally be getting this for Christmas (sorry for spilling the beans, babe!). Or I might give it to him for Christmas and then “borrow” it…
So yeah. Phone cases. You can literally find them in any design imaginable. It’s a fun way to give a gift that really tailored to the recipient’s specific personality/interests!
5. Wii U. Bryan’s been talking about getting a Wii U for forever. (Since before they even came out). We finally bought one as an early Christmas present together over Thanksgiving break, and it’s a blast. Bryan was overjoyed to find one with a Legend of Zelda-themed controller.
We’re both looking forward to Christmas break where we’ll partake in our yearly tradition of caving out and playing a Zelda game together. I’m a detail person, Bryan is a big picture person, so we make a kickass puzzle solving team!
And let’s go classy once more…
Bryan’s idea of the perfect relaxation experience involves being swaddled in supreme comfyness (robe & slippies), listening to old Frank Sinatra records, and enjoying an old-fashioned shave.
1. Brookstone Nap Robe. The absolute comfiest robe imaginable. I stole borrowed Bryan’s for over a year before I finally received my own as a Christmas gift. Buy this for your man so you can do the same 😉
2. Cabela’s Shearling Slippers (Similar Here). These are Bryan’s favorite. They have received the boy-behind-the-blog stamp of approval.
3. Shaving Gift Set. The perfect old-fashioned shave involves a good quality safety razor, badger hair brush and a bar of shaving soap. This kit pulls it all together stylishly and makes for a great gift presentation! Bryan bought all of his components separately and alas, they are nowhere near as dapper.
4. Crosley Portable Turntable. I don’t know anything about “vinyl” or turntables or whatever it is the kids these days are crazy about, but I love this suitcase style record player. Bryan doesn’t particularly care if his record player looks like a snazzy piece of luggage or not, but he does agree that this one is pretty sweet. It’s on our wish list.
5. Frank Sinatra Come Fly With Me. No shave is complete without Frank Sinatra. Shaving to his crooning is apparently the manliest possible thing any manly man could ever do. According to Bryan.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post and were amused and inspired by these Christmas gift guides! We had so much fun pulling them together!
UPDATE: Want to see my Christmas wishlist? Click here!