I’ve been wanting to do a color themed post here on the blog for a while, featuring some of my favorite home décor objects and accessories in some of my favorite colors. So I’m seizing the opportunity to ride on the coattails of my #thriftscorethursday yellow chairs with a new “Gather This” post… My favorite finds in deep sunny yellow for your home!
If you’re as in love with this hue as I am, here are some ways you can add it to your decorating – large and small.
This post may contain affiliate links – you can shop from your sofa and The Gathered Home may receive a small commission. Win win!
The thought of mixing and matching these patterned dinnerware pieces together has me positively giddy. If you normally stick with plain white dishes like I do, it’s easy to add in some color with salad/dessert plates, bowl and mug without breaking the bank!
- Dot Pop Dinnerware, Anthropologie – no longer available, similar here
- Animal Geo Melamine Plates, West Elm – no longer available, but check out this cute salad plate instead
- Pad Printed Bows – Ikat, West Elm
- Undom Mugs, IKEA – no longer available, similar here
I love that chairs are a great way to bring bold color into your furnishings without making a commitment to anything too large scale or expensive (like a sofa). My pair of chairs were a vintage find from Craigslist, but I love this chubby mid-century inspired arm chair almost as much! How many [yellow] chairs does one girl need? Maybe some fab Acapulco chairs for the patio?
- Yellow Plastic Dining Shell Chair, Overstock
- Acapulco Yellow Lounge Chair, Overstock
- Remark Armchair in Sunny, LexMod
- Reidar Chair, IKEA – no longer available, similar here
Yellow is a high energy color, but it also always strikes me as cozy. A couch piled up with smooshy yellow pillows and nice soft yellow throw = my idea of heaven. Plus a cup of coffee…. Plus a chocolate croissant… Sorry, I was having a moment here. I love this collection of pillows, together and separately. If you’re looking to add a little extra color to your décor, throw pillows are just about the easiest way!
- Dark Yellow Velvet Cushion Cover, H&M
- Monumental Throw Pillow Cover, Society6
- Chevron Trace Throw, Anthropologie – no longer available, but this one is gorgeous too!
- Room Essentials Pieced Toss Pillow, Target – no longer available, but I’m really loving this pillow from Target
- DENY Designs Hello Gorgeous Throw Pillow, Target
- Yellow White Velvet Ikat Pillow Cover, Etsy – no longer available, similar here
Oh my word did I have fun pulling this collection together! I mean – doesn’t everyone need a print titled “Wes Anderson’s Suitcase” in their home? And that yellow typewriter! Whimsical art gets me every time. Also, I have been lusting (yes, my feelings are that strong) over this yellow peony wallpaper ever since my friend Amber considered using it in her living room. It was love at first sight and I WILL find a way/place to use it somewhere somehow.
- Peonies (Yellow) Wallpaper, Hygge & West – sadly, no longer available
- “Let’s go on a wild adventure” Yellow Typewriter Print, Etsy – no longer available, try these yellow typewriter prints instead
- Taxi, New York, Society6
- Yellow Gingko Watercolor Print, Etsy
- Wes Anderson’s Luggage, Society6
- Ampersand Art Printable, Etsy – no longer available, similar here
- Honeybee Art Print, Inkstruck Studio
I’m sitting here wondering to myself if it would be overkill to incorporate all of these elements together in the same room… Because I love them all and I really don’t want to believe in the concept of “too much of a good thing”. I really do think the best thing to do would be to try it and see if I can get away with it.
At the very, very least I must get my hands on that adorable cactus candle because at just $6, it’s like the universe wants to turn me into a yellow-accessory-hoarding-fool. And that crazy spiky light from Etsy is just insanely good. And you all know how I feel about vintage needlepoint – this piece from Etsy could be framed or turned into a pillow or just kept in a cupboard and taken out on occasion to fondle and whisper “my precious” – dealer’s choice.
Yellow lamps are an obvious “yes” (do you know me at all?). Add a large amount of yellow to your floor with a muted dhurrie rug from West Elm, or just a hint with a bold little rug from Urban Outfitters. And felted wool billy buttons are the quintessential yellow accessory: instant sunshine in a vase.
- Cactus Candle, H&M – no longer available, but there are tons of cute cactus candles here!
- Yellow Chandelier, Etsy – sold, but check these out
- IKEA PS 1995 Clock, IKEA
- Needlepoint Poppy Garden, Etsy – no longer available, similar here
- Eyeball Sconce, Urban Outfitters
- Steel Droplet Canary Yellow Accent Lamps, Amazon
- Langesund Mirror, IKEA
- Bazaar Wool Dhurrie Rug – Ochre, West Elm – no longer available, similar here
- Adeco Iron Round Yellow Hourglass End Table, Overstock
- 4040 Locust Naira Rug, Urban Outfitters – no longer available, but I really like this one too
- Yellow Wool Felt Flowers – Billy Buttons, Etsy
- Stockholm Nightstand, IKEA – no longer available, similar here
I’ve been searching for the perfect deep yellow velvet for ages and could never find anything that was in my price range, so I was delighted when I spotted this choice at Fabric.com! The others are all fabrics I’ve had my eye on for a while. Again, I just love this combination of prints together – would you, could you use them all in the same room? You would be my hero!
- Premier Prints Willow Slub Yellow, Amazon
- Stockholm Fabric, IKEA
- Eroica Milano Velvet Yellow, Amazon
- Dwell Studio Pantheon Slub Dandelion, Fabric.com – no longer available there, but you can still find it here on housefabric.com
What do you think of this new color series? I’m [tentatively] planning to make this a monthly occurrence and I cannot wait to dive into March’s roundup! I’m already planning ahead!
Are you inspired to add any bold yellow to your home? Which was your favorite?