Time for another round of “Gather This!” Last month I had so much fun with my roundup of all beautiful things yellow, my current favorite color, but I’m also pretty psyched to tackle this month’s inspiration color: coral.
Did you catch last week’s post on my new coral reading nook? I am so in love with the vibrant wall color (and the way it harmonizes with the yellow!) that I decided to round up my favorite finds for your home in various coral hues!
Check out these ideas for incorporating coral in your home!
This post contains affiliate links – you can conveniently shop from your sofa and The Gathered Home may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you! Win win!
While it might be overkill to use all of these elements together in one dining space (although if you manage to pull it off, more power to you!), I do love the way they complement each other! Those straws are just begging me to throw a fabulous coral-and-gold-themed party (don’t forget the coral balloons!) and serve a divinely fluffy coral ombre cake (what else?) on those perfectly mismatched boho plates!
1. Coral Linen Page Round Back Chairs, World Market
2 & 3. Scalloped Dinner Plates, World Market4. Dress My Cupcake 25-pack Vintage Paper Straws, Amazon5. Sea Breeze Coral Napkins, Overstock.com6. Fitz and Floyd Hydrangea Bird Salt & Pepper Set, Amazon
You know how I love colorful throw pillows! They are the perfect way to try out new colors in your décor – affordable and easily moved around the home. I am head over heals for the floral number on the top left, but also really digging the color combo (my new fave – coral + mustard) on that West Elm pillow!
1. Vampire Weekend Floral Vector Throw Pillow by Danielle Ebro, Society62. Round Pintuck Pillow, Urban Outfitters
3. Imprint Coral Indoor/Outdoor Pillow, Overstock.com
4. Chindi Colorblock Pillow Cover – Apricot, West Elm
5. Je t’aime Throw Pillow, Society6
6. Coral Herringbone Oversized Throw, World Market
Mmm, how fun is this coral collection? These little thumbnails don’t do these pieces justice by half!
Note that the black floral “print” is actually a sheet of printed wrapping paper from Paper Source – perfect to frame for a large and very inexpensive piece of art.
I love the colors in the “Pink Desert Skies” print and even though I don’t own a Boston Terrier (although I have a huge soft spot for them), this one is so adorably modern and graphic I’m tempted to bring him home anyway!
1. Love Balloon, Society6
2. Lucy Darling Cup of Tea Print, Amazon
3. Midnight Floral Wrapping Paper, Paper Source
4. The Destination, Society6
5. Pink Desert Skies, Society6
6. Boston Terrier, Society6
7. Coral, Society6
Accessories, like throw pillows, are easy ways to incorporate a new favorite color. The rugs I picked are both pretty darn affordable and very high-impact for the investment!
Repeating your accent color throughout the room a few times, even in tiny amounts, will help tie everything together. The faceted wooden planter has only a small sliver of coral, but mixed with other coral elements, would perfectly echo the rest of the room’s design. Bold coral gives even simple and classic pieces like the clock, tray, and lamp a fresh new twist.
P.S. If you already have something similar, but it’s the wrong color, I’m sure you could take inspiration for your own DIY version!
1. Eccolo Naturals Moorish Tiles Frame, Amazon
2. Magical Thinking Maimana Woven Rug, Urban Outfitters
3. Mud Pie Decorative Coral Chunk, Amazon
4. Coral Retro Wall Clock, World Market
5. Modern Wall Shelf, Urban Outfitters
6. Coral Red Owl Wall Hook, Amazon
7. Indego Africa Coral Burst Plateau Basket, Urban Outfitters
8. Flaneur’s Pocket Geometric Wooden Planter, West Elm
9. Daring Orange Ovo Table Lamp, Lamps Plus
10. Moroccan Trellis Geometric Flatweave Wool Rug, Overstock.com
11. Square Lacquer Tray, West Elm
12. Moth Origami Lampshade Gradient Coral, Etsy
Time for my favorite section, the fabric roundup! If you follow my “Fabric Inspiration” board on Pinterest, then you know I have something of a fabric obsession. These are my eight favorite coral fabrics, from classic solid to crazy incredible geometric to blaring floral that I need in my life! So many pairing possibilities!
1. Michael Miller Bekko Home Solid Coral, Fabric.com
2. Eroica Spear Jacquard Coral, Fabric.com
3. Richloom Solar Outdoor Kane Coral, Fabric.com
4. Waverly Candid Moment Cinnabar, Fabric.com5. Premier Prints Santorini Salmon, Fabric.com6. Terrasol Indoor/Outdoor Pamilla Ikat Coral, Fabric.com
7. Brambleberry Ridge Timber Valley Metallic Coral, Fabric.com8. Premier Prints Madrid Slub Salmon, Fabric.com
I hope you enjoyed today’s coral-mania! For more ideas on using this color, and tons of eye-candy, you might enjoy visiting my “Coral Inspiration” Pinterest board!
P.S. Pin it if you love it!